Monday, October 17, 2011

Ultrasound today

Well, I just had my fourth ultrasound today and it went alright.....

The good news:  Augusten is measuring right on track with size and weight.  Still no clubbed feet and VERY active! lol.  The tech and my MFM had trouble seeing what they wanted to see when they wanted to see it.  Yay Augusten!  I really hope he's able to keep just as active after he's born and has back closure surgery.

The bad news:  Augusten's head is still measuring small due to the Chiari Malformation.  His cerebellum is still pretty hard to see/ measure because it's pulled down further than normal due to the SB.  Also, he has more fluid in his ventricles (hydrocephalus) than he did a few weeks ago.  We always knew that he would need a shunt at somepoint after delivery, but it may need to happen right away now instead of waiting until he's older.  We'll just have to see how things go.

As for me, my amniotic fluid levels are good, the placenta is measuring correctly.... I'm still the correct size for being 30 weeks.  So OVERALL, the US went well.  I just didn't like hearing what I knew I would eventually hear anyways.

Oh well.  Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment