Sunday, December 2, 2012

Staying at home

Well, I haven't posted in awhile.  I've been too caught up in appointments and follow ups and all of Augusten's wonderful progress!  That being said... the last few months have been a nightmare!

In October, Augusten had a hernia repair surgery.  But he also had C. Diff... a highly contagious infection in the colon.  Because of this, he was not cleared to return to daycare for TWO weeks!  So... I stayed at home with him.  I then of course took several half days to continue taking him to his many appointments.

Then in November, Augusten got sick again!  It started with a UTI. The antibiotic to treat it led to C. Diff and then he also caught norovirus.... projectile vomiting, non stop diarrhea and a high fever all sent us straight to the emergency department at McLane's Childrens Hospital.  Again, I was out for two weeks with him.  After spending Thanksgiving in the hospital, I decided that it was time for me to Augusten and his health all the attention he deserves.  I decided to be a stay at home mom.

I have already put my two weeks notice in and am anxiously awaiting the day I get to stay home with him full time.  I am excited for this opportunity but I am also very nervous.  How will we pay our bills?  How will I be sure to have a life?  While although I know that we can pay all of our bills on one income, it is still a scary thought.  I have looked into countless ways to earn money while being a stay at home mom.  Hopefully, some of them will work for me.  Until then, I will relish the time I have at home with my sweet baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment