Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cardiology Visit

At my last OB appointment, I mentioned that I had been feeling short of breath and that sometimes, my heart races.  Ordinarily, this probably wouldn't be a big deal and would just be chalked up to be "normal" pregnancy symptoms, but I have a history of tachycardia (irregular fast heart rate).

They immediately gave me a referral to cardiology and I was seen within a couple days.  I have since had an EKG and now I am wearing an event monitor (heart monitor that records "episodes" when I push a button) for two weeks.

It's only been two days and the itching from the electrodes is almost unbearable.  I have a feeling this is going to be a LONG two weeks!  Now, I've worn an event monitor before and handled it just fine, but I think pregnancy is just making my skin a bit more sensitive than usual. 

Hopefully, everything will be okay and the shortness of breath I'm feeling is due to pregnancy and not my heart.  If it is my heart, I'll have to be put back on medication to control my symptoms.  I'd really like to avoid that.

Thoughts and prayers please!

No comments:

Post a Comment